Solution for Samsung laptop to LG tv connection using HDMI

yamie

Estimable
Jul 20, 2015
What about the connection from Samsung laptop to LG tv using HDMI? Is it possible? I have tried to connect it but it says no signal. I have called LG and Samsung services but it was strange they were not able to help me.

Solution
Try changing the order that you turn on or select inputs. For example turn on the TV select the HMDI input that the PC is connected and then boot the laptop rather than have it on already. Try switching to a different input and back again. The cable can also be an issue especially longer ones. HDMI is tricky sometimes.

HFC

Estimable
Jul 22, 2014
Can you say what you've done so far to troubleshoot? It's absolutely possible to connect a laptop and TV via HDMI, wired or wirelessly. Of course you have to make sure you're on the right channel on the TV, but I'm guessing Samsung and LG would've already suggested that. You may also have to fiddle with your display settings, having the TV as a "second monitor."

LGElectronics

Estimable
Oct 13, 2014

It would help to know what model number LG TV you have, but the connection should be straight forward. When you connect to the HDMI port, you may have to specify that it is a PC connection so that the TV automatically adjust for the correct resolution, and as already advised, make sure you on the right input! You may have to change the resolution on your computer to match the TV and go into your display settings on the computer to set it so it outputs to an external monitor.^IV

Try changing the order that you turn on or select inputs. For example turn on the TV select the HMDI input that the PC is connected and then boot the laptop rather than have it on already. Try switching to a different input and back again. The cable can also be an issue especially longer ones. HDMI is tricky sometimes.

Solution