Sony Vegas 13 How to Set (Legacy) Text to Default Text

Jack30d

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
When in Sony Vegas 13 I right click and "Insert Text Media" it open the regular text but can I make it so that when I press that it opens text in Legacy, so I can have more editing options with text.

I don't know if anything in this tutorial on "Working with Media Generators" will help or not but it may be worth a read. I have searched for a way to change the default to legacy but have come up empty. Hopefully someone with more knowledge of Vegas 13 than myself will respond.

Riggan

Estimable
Dec 9, 2015

After you insert the text media, right-click and choose "edit generated media." When the window opens, hover over the green icon near the top right-hand corner. The hover text should display "Replace Plugin". Left click this icon and you'll be presented with a tree of folders. Inside the Sony folder you should see "(Legacy) Text". Selecting this will change the plugin to the older text interface from previous versions of Vegas with additional options.

Not sure if there is a way to set it so it will open in Legacy by default, but at least it's still there. I much prefer the older interface over the new one.

PS: I figure you've probably found the answer by now, but since this is the first help thread I found when searching the same issue I thought I'd leave a work around for those who can't find legacy text at all.