Question Sony Vegas Pro 18 sometimes adds lag to imported clips... even laggy when rendered on high settings

Jul 7, 2024
Hi all,

Sony vegas has done this a few times now but when I import perfectly fine high quality video game footage, the odd one out will be laggy on the preview screen (max preview settings, other clips are perfectly fine in preview), and even when I render that clip, it comes out laggy.

It isn't my video that is laggy, it is the same quality as all the other videos when I watch them through the media player. I thought maybe rendering it in high quality would fix it but it still comes out as laggy as the preview. I put the same quality video next to the laggy one, render them both, and the lag persists on the one clip with the other clip being in perfect quality side by side.

I've tried disabling and enabling resample mode, that doesn't work.

Again, literally perfect quality when watched independently through the media player, just turns to rubbish when imported in sony vegas, some of the time. It's like the fps has been capped at 20 or 30fps on those videos when imported or something.

Would appreciate the feedback on how I could go about fixing this. Thanks.