Spyware/Virus created proxy connection?

rickin432

Estimable
Jan 8, 2015
My laptop was slow and my avira was not updating, so ran malwarebytes in safe mode w/ networking. It found "spyware.password" malware and i removed it. then ran kasperky virus removal tool and 0 malware resulted in normal mode.

But my internet connection is slow and several sites are not opening. I tried installing free panda av, but it asked for proxy setting details, bcos it couldn't connect to the net. i never set any proxy. dont even know how to.

What can i do

I do have a working connection, torrents are downloading at full speed. problem is with slow browsers and antiviruses not detecting a connection.

Solution
I was right behind you with some sympathy until I got to the torrent bit. Chances are that's where the problem started and something you downloaded wants to hide itself from the AV.

You can turn off the Proxy in Control Panel>Internet Options>Connection tab>LAN button by unticking the Proxy option and ticking the "Automatically Detect" box. The problem doesn't end there but it will at least allow the AV to update. Run MBAM again in ormal mode after making sure it's up to date.
I was right behind you with some sympathy until I got to the torrent bit. Chances are that's where the problem started and something you downloaded wants to hide itself from the AV.

You can turn off the Proxy in Control Panel>Internet Options>Connection tab>LAN button by unticking the Proxy option and ticking the "Automatically Detect" box. The problem doesn't end there but it will at least allow the AV to update. Run MBAM again in ormal mode after making sure it's up to date.

Solution