Steve Jobs Lands Trustees Award; Also Gets Bronze Statue

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

no respect from me, he is just a greedy fortune 500 company CEO. his innovation at best can be the apple software(cause lets face it the hardware aint up to par), yet that thing is so restrictive its a hastle to work with, and expensive to even try to develop on it.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
"Award for changing the music industry with iTunes. "

Yeah Steve made agreements with the record industry the outcome of which was the jailing of iTune users in a drm locked-down nightmare. Of course the record industry is happy with the outcome. He was after all working to keep the consumer in the losing side. Steve Jobs contribution to music and the way digital media is consumed amounts only to a method for defrauding his gullible subjects.

Concerning the Statue for this swindler in Hungary, I can only say that it speaks volumes about the technological backwardness of these people. Someday they will look back and think about this tribute to this nefarious con-artist in the same way that some countries today look back at having collaborated with past dictators now almost universally seen as evil.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
@ del35

iTunes is DRM free. Has been for years

And to all the haters. Job's has done an incredible amount, if not the most amount of innovation in the computer and gadget industry. If he's not the leader then he's top 3 for sure. Anyone who says "no respect" is simply being an idiot.

Just because you don't like someone doesn't mean you can't respect them.

I think Job's was a completely douche of a manager, and he was absolutely ruthless and totalitarian with his ideas and market strategies. And yet every that you use today is better because of it. Windows 7, PC's, Software, GUI's, Phone's, MP3 players, tablets, music distribution, and the list goes on. You can be using a droid phone with google music, and have a windows 8 tab, and your still on the receiving end of Job's innovation cuz he drove so much forward.

I respect that.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
in my mind it's Gates, Jobs for 1 and 2 spots, not really sure who to give first place to. They both excelled in different fields. Nowadays google with Schimdt is dominating pretty darn much everything.

MS revolutionized software, Apple revolutionized Hardware, Google revolutionized the web.

i give props to all of em

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
I see Sneaky is completely clueless about tech in general.

The only thing Steve was good at for the past 15-20 years was taking an idea that someone else came up with and marketing it well.

MP3 players, tablets, even smartphones like we have now all existed before Apple did anything.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]I see Sneaky is completely clueless about tech in general.The only thing Steve was good at for the past 15-20 years was taking an idea that someone else came up with and marketing it well.MP3 players, tablets, even smartphones like we have now all existed before Apple did anything.[/citation]

look at android before iPhone was announced (hint: it's looks like a blackberry). Look at droid post iPhone (hint: it's freaking amazing)

look at tablets pre and post iPad

look at PC's pre and post Apple I and II

He never made a product out of nothing. He took ideas from everywhere. That was his genius. MP3 were basically dead when they released the iPod. RIM's CEO said that "touchscreen phone's would never work" weeks before the iPhone was announced. Everyone said the iPad would fail, etc.

Your thinking way to short term. I thinking the whole scheme of things. In the last year or so apple hasn't really contributed at all. Over the past few decades they've done a ton. Do you think MS, Google, IBM, intel, etc. would agree with what i just said. I think so.

rpgplayer

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
[citation][nom]shine8210[/nom]Looks like he's throwing up apple gang signs.[/citation]
No that's how you are supposed to hold the iPhone, he just dropped his.

rawful

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
[citation][nom]SneakySnake[/nom]look at android before iPhone was announced (hint: it's looks like a blackberry). Look at droid post iPhone (hint: it's freaking amazing)look at tablets pre and post iPadlook at PC's pre and post Apple I and IIHe never made a product out of nothing. He took ideas from everywhere. That was his genius. MP3 were basically dead when they released the iPod. RIM's CEO said that "touchscreen phone's would never work" weeks before the iPhone was announced. Everyone said the iPad would fail, etc.Your thinking way to short term. I thinking the whole scheme of things. In the last year or so apple hasn't really contributed at all. Over the past few decades they've done a ton. Do you think MS, Google, IBM, intel, etc. would agree with what i just said. I think so.[/citation]

I'm sorry... so Steve Jobs is a creative genius for having the research and development team take an existing product and improve it (and lock it down so you can only do what they say with it)? And then sued anyone who did anything similar? Also, don't attribute the Apple I and II to him, please. That was Steve Wozniak. Steve Jobs did marketing.

Whatever innovations they made with their products I cannot attribute it to Steve Jobs. I can attribute it to their research and development staff, and their programmers. To Steve Jobs I attribute horrific, dishonest, and unfair business practices to try to block any and all competition for something that somebody else did first, but maybe not as well. He was excellent at marketing. He had a good sense of market timing, and how to convince people that the piece of crap in his hand was the most incredible piece of technology ever created.

Status
Not open for further replies.