The airplane adapter for the Kingston HyperX Cloud II headset won't fit into my ASUS Sound card jacks - Any replacement?

Apr 15, 2014
Just like the title says, I got a Kingston HyperX Cloud II headset and I got an airplane adapter with it to use for my 3.5mm jack, but since the thing is a square with straight jacks, it cannot fit into my sound card, only the front of my PC (which is the realtek motherboard sound and I do not want to use that)

I also intend not to use the sound card because I've seen people have alot of problems with it and the virtual sound isn't very fascinating for me.

Is there a replacement jack for this headset? Maybe one that looks like this: http://imgur.com/0ad7w72

Thanks.

Solution

It sounds like you have no clue about what you are doing.
1) Airplane adapters split a single 3.5mm two channel jack (or in this case a three channel) into two one...

It sounds like you have no clue about what you are doing.
1) Airplane adapters split a single 3.5mm two channel jack (or in this case a three channel) into two one channel jacks, your sound card does NOT use that and instead only uses the two channel jack. JUST PLUG THE JACK INTO THE GREEN PORT!
2) The jacks on the Cloud II are ROUND, standard type audio jacks. The only square thing is the USB DAC.
3) Since the Cloud II uses a 3 channel 3.5mm jack, you need http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/945088-REG/startech_muyhsfmm_headset_adapter_m_m.html to use it on regular computers

Solution
Apr 15, 2014

Nonono...you don't get what I'm talking about.

1) I cannot just plug in the one 3.5mm jack from the headphones, I have to use an airplane adapter in order to put both jacks into the two slots on my sound card, the green and the pink one since If I do that, I can only HEAR through the headset, but can't speak with it. If I plug it in the green jack, I can only hear what the headphones allow me to hear and If I plug it in the microphone jack I can only speak without hearing anything. The other issue is that I cannot do that because they are square and made to be in a straight, which means I can't bend them. And since they CANNOT fit into my card because they are STRAIGHT, I cannot insert them. The space between the actual adapter and sound card is very small. If the jacks were not straight, I would of been able to insert them individually into each jack.
2) Again, round, standard jacks need to be plugged in, not USB DAC. It's the airplane adapter that is the problem. If it were a 3.5mm female jack to 2 male, I would have no issues. But because it is STRAIGHT and CANNOT bend, I cannot insert it in my card.
3)I'm gonna have a look at that and see if it will work.

Again, you are clueless about audio equipment. You do NOT want to use an airplane adapter, you want to use the item I gave you a link for. One goes in the headphone/line out (usually green), the other goes in the mic/line in (usually pink).

You should NOT use an airplane adapter for a computer.