Hi my Toshiba L50 PSKT4E keeps shut downing after a few Seconds when turned on
I took out the Battery and held the power button for 30 seconds + -> No Joy I also removed the HD Disk and Disk Drive along with the Ram and still no luck, i also took apart the Cooling System and cleaned it and reset it with new Paste still have the Same issue.
Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help in identifying the issue.
- Start by doing a test with the AC adapter and battery.
- First, remove the battery and boot it up with just the AC adapter connected and see if it would stay on.
- If the laptop will boot up normally with just the AC adapter then means the problem is with the battery.
- But if it will still shut down you'll need to try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage to make sure that it's not the AC adapter that is faulty.
- If a different AC adapter will also not work that means the problem is the motherboard and if your laptop is still under the factory warranty do send it for a repair.
I have found many times when a battery fails it draws more current than the standard power supply can deliver while trying to charge a failed battery and power the laptop. So the tests Laptop_Nerd suggests are a good test for whether the battery is the issue. Unfortunately if the battery has been having problems for some time it can damage your power supply. So access to an alternative to your original is a good test. But power supplies can fail while the battery is still good. Many power supplies today have thermal overload protection that essentially turns them off if they overheat. This can fail causing them to shut off before they are truly in an overheated state.