khairlines

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
Dear All,
I have been waging a long war with the Trojan Downloader virus. It has become more and more aggressive. Now everytime I log onto my computer I see 5 new adware appear. I have run Microsoft Malicious Hardware Removal Tool, Malwarebytes, Kaspersky, and other programs. None have fully deleted the virus but I haven't tried Ad-Aware yet, I feel it wouldn't do anything different. So I have come to my last option, to nuke my hardrive and wipe it clean. Unfortunately it's a very tedious task. Then you have to start from new. I was wondering, before I send a nuke, Is there anything else I can do to find the Trojan Downloader?

khairlines

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
Well, in the end I still lost the war and I had to nuke my computer with DBAN. I re installed everything which was a pain (full weekend). In the end I found no way to get rid of this stupid virus. I went through registry files, downloaded 5 malware/trojan deletion hardware, Adware killers... all useless. In the end you must nuke it and start all over.
KH

Dee Kay

Estimable
Dec 22, 2014
Are you going back to the same sites where you originally got infected? The removal tools should have gotten rid of it by now if you have followed all of the instructions correctly. Try malwarebytes again and then run the hijackthis program after using your AV.
http://free.antivirus.com/us/#cleanup-and-prevention <--Trend micro virus removal tools

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ <--HJT help

khairlines

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
Well, in the end I still lost the war and I had to nuke my computer with DBAN. I re installed everything which was a pain (full weekend). In the end I found no way to get rid of this stupid virus. I went through registry files, downloaded 5 malware/trojan deletion hardware, Adware killers... all useless. In the end you must nuke it and start all over.
KH

gferrin2012

Honorable
Jun 3, 2013
Hello, I deselected you giving me the best solution as I did not do anything! I am not here for that. It sounds like you did everything you could, short of being a programmer and sometimes they get stumped! You deserve the best solution.

khairlines

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013

Aww thanks!.... How do you even do that lol. Change the best solution.

gferrin2012

Honorable
Jun 3, 2013
I believe it will only show up on the receivers end, I am not positive. I just like the fact that it gives the opportunity to put the best solution were it belongs.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DCB007 Antivirus / Security / Privacy 6
G Antivirus / Security / Privacy 1
M Antivirus / Security / Privacy 3
D Antivirus / Security / Privacy 6
B Antivirus / Security / Privacy 1
C Antivirus / Security / Privacy 1
G Antivirus / Security / Privacy 9
Z Antivirus / Security / Privacy 4
A Antivirus / Security / Privacy 4
A Antivirus / Security / Privacy 1
M Antivirus / Security / Privacy 1