khairlines

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
Dear All,
I have been waging a long war with the Trojan Downloader virus. It has become more and more aggressive. Now everytime I log onto my computer I see 5 new adware appear. I have run Microsoft Malicious Hardware Removal Tool, Malwarebytes, Kaspersky, and other programs. None have fully deleted the virus but I haven't tried Ad-Aware yet, I feel it wouldn't do anything different. So I have come to my last option, to nuke my hardrive and wipe it clean. Unfortunately it's a very tedious task. Then you have to start from new. I was wondering, before I send a nuke, Is there anything else I can do to find the Trojan Downloader?

Solution
Well, in the end I still lost the war and I had to nuke my computer with DBAN. I re installed everything which was a pain (full weekend). In the end I found no way to get rid of this stupid virus. I went through registry files, downloaded 5 malware/trojan deletion hardware, Adware killers... all useless. In the end you must nuke it and start all over.
KH

khairlines

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
Well, in the end I still lost the war and I had to nuke my computer with DBAN. I re installed everything which was a pain (full weekend). In the end I found no way to get rid of this stupid virus. I went through registry files, downloaded 5 malware/trojan deletion hardware, Adware killers... all useless. In the end you must nuke it and start all over.
KH

Solution

gferrin2012

Honorable
Jun 3, 2013
Hello, I deselected you giving me the best solution as I did not do anything! I am not here for that. It sounds like you did everything you could, short of being a programmer and sometimes they get stumped! You deserve the best solution.

khairlines

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013

Aww thanks!.... How do you even do that lol. Change the best solution.