Trying to use Ear Force Tango headset on PC with Windows 7 but microphone will not work no matter what.

Benton1234

Estimable
May 31, 2014
So I thought I'd get a Bluetooth adapter (Plugable USB Bluetooth 4.0) so I could go 100% wireless by using my headset I use on my xbox and it works on my old HP laptop also using Bluetooth 4.0 but for some reason I can't get the microphone to work no matter what settings I change and what I try.
Also, the setup with this headset is: audio is through the optical jack because the wireless headset uses a Base that transmits the signal and so you need to use Bluetooth on the PC so you can go full wireless.
Mic: Through the plugable adapter but no matter what Skype, Windows, Teamspeak, etc. do not pick it up as if the headset's microphone were muted (Obviously it's not)

So, any and all help appreciated greatly, thanks.

Benton1234

Estimable
May 31, 2014
Anybody have any advice at all? I really would like for this headset to work on my PC and it seems weird that it won't, also just to clarify I have gone into Windows services to enable Bluetooth service, since that was an issue.

Again I am aware that my setup is a little strange but no matter what I do even if I hookup the audio through Bluetooth instead and not using the wireless base at all it still won't work, but it DOES on my old HP laptop which also uses a Bluetooth 4.0 adapter, like the one I have for my desktop PC.

Any and all help appreciated.

Benton1234

Estimable
May 31, 2014
Okay, well so I looked around more and this is a very rare issue so I don't hate anyone for not responding. I did find the answer, it seems the adapter is not EDR capable which means it can't support headsets, even though it says it's fine which is wrong, it just meant I needed a different adapter which I did find thankfully. Azio Bluetooth 4.0 + EDR + aptX. Very little info on it but Bluetooth adapters seem to be their specialty.

Only advice I can give to others is that just make sure you get a Bluetooth adapter that has good drivers, supports EDR and aptX if you need it, as well always remember to enable Bluetooth services in windows as it is OFF by DEFAULT! Go to Run and type "services.msc" and set it to be alphabetical and find Bluetooth, you should see 2 services that base Bluetooth service and Bluetooth Support Service, set Startup Type to Automatic and that should solve the problem!

I treat this as a big issue because Bluetooth can be stubborn as well as Windows, anyways if this helps anybody please Like it and share!

fabledude

Commendable
Sep 11, 2016

well your info helped me connect my turtle beach ear force tango to my PC, so thank buddy :)