Solved! TV and Home Theater Sys tem don't want to play together

tootsie94

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
Hello,
I have an Olevia 232 S12 TV, I also have a Sony DAV-DZ120 Home Theater System. The surround sound works when dvd's are being used, but can't get the surround sound to work on regular TV. Have basic cable hooked directly to the TV, do not have a box. Have the audio in/out cable, have s-video cable (don't know if I need it). I need instructions for 'Dummies'.

Solution
If you have no sound on TV then make sure you have the L/R audio "out" from the TV going to an audio "in" on the Sony and have that input selected (make sure that it is on analog for that input).
If you get stereo sound but not surround sound then select a surround mode other than Auto. It should be set to Dolby but chose the one you like.
You do not need an audio out from the Sony to the TV. The S Video cable may be to get the picture from the Sony to the TV for the DVD and/or an on screen display.
If you have no sound on TV then make sure you have the L/R audio "out" from the TV going to an audio "in" on the Sony and have that input selected (make sure that it is on analog for that input).
If you get stereo sound but not surround sound then select a surround mode other than Auto. It should be set to Dolby but chose the one you like.
You do not need an audio out from the Sony to the TV. The S Video cable may be to get the picture from the Sony to the TV for the DVD and/or an on screen display.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS