Duz7

Estimable
Jun 1, 2015
Hello everyone. As of now I don't own the best TV. It's a 46" Westinghouse 1080p 60Hz LED TV. It's about 3 years old and it just seems like the picture isn't as sharp and color doesnt pop like some of my friends TV's. I'm looking to get a new TV as I just got a new PS4 and am wanting a better overall picture and viewing experience. So here are my questions.

1. Can a high end TV make the graphics SEEM better on the PS4 than the TV I am on now?

2. Will a 40" 1080p TV appear to have a sharper image than a TV much larger?

3. In your opinion, what brands should I stay away from?

4. To 4k or to not 4k?

P.S. I would like to spend under $1000 and get a TV around the 40" range.

Solution
1. Yes. A nicer panel will make the graphics seem better. No point in getting a "high end" tv though. All those do is add extra features like 3d, smart tv, etc. which would be useless for ps4 gaming. Go with a Samsung or LG tv to be safe or if you want to save money you can check out some "off" brands like ChangHong. They have really good reviews and people say picture quality is good. The panel is what you are worried about, not the extra snazz.

2. Yes because pixel density will increase. If the tv is not in a large room then a 40-50 inch will be more than enough.

3. Depends on the tv, the off brands often times use panels made by the premium brands such as samsung and lg. Just avoid the black friday crap retailers push out. They use...

Azn Cracker

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
1. Yes. A nicer panel will make the graphics seem better. No point in getting a "high end" tv though. All those do is add extra features like 3d, smart tv, etc. which would be useless for ps4 gaming. Go with a Samsung or LG tv to be safe or if you want to save money you can check out some "off" brands like ChangHong. They have really good reviews and people say picture quality is good. The panel is what you are worried about, not the extra snazz.

2. Yes because pixel density will increase. If the tv is not in a large room then a 40-50 inch will be more than enough.

3. Depends on the tv, the off brands often times use panels made by the premium brands such as samsung and lg. Just avoid the black friday crap retailers push out. They use bottom of the bin components to get you that low price. Generally though brands like Westinghouse and Sceptre are not the best in my opinion.

4. 4k is pointless for the PS4 since it only runs 1080p. It won't be useful in the near future either. I would not waste the money.

For a 40 in tv you should not be spending $1000. $400-$500 will already get you an awesome tv (assuming you don't need the extra features

Solution

pasow

Honorable
Nov 15, 2012
1: yes. quality TV's will have better color reproduction and pixel response (and motion estimation if that's your thing). this will emphasis the quality of the graphics sent to the TV. (and the lack there of if that's the case)
2: yes, the smaller the pixel, the sharper it will be.
3: that's far to large of a list so instead here's some recommended brands. LG, Samsung, SONY.
4: avoid 4K if your primary media is from a PS4 as it maxes out at 1080p (there's not much 4k content out there at all anyways). as such running it on a 1080p display will look crisper.

there are many good TV's available in the 40" rang for well under 1000 USD.