Solved! usb c to 3.5 port not working.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 10, 2018
I have bought a usb type C to 3.5mm usb from paytm to use it as headphone for my laptop but it's still not working for me ....I update my all drivers of windows 8.1 and also install driver pack to find the solution ..I had also check configuration settings....I read many such type of related posts but nothing works .....I can't understand is my product is really damage or not ..I haven't another device to check it once ..So guys what can I do ??Is my product really damaged or not?? How I become sure??

kanewolf

Judicious
I can't tell if that device has any electronics built-in. My guess is no. Headphones REQUIRE analog audio signals to create sound. if your laptop doesn't have the necessary electronics to output analog audio through the usb c port you won't get any sound.

What model is your laptop? Most laptops have a traditional headphone jack or a combo microphone/headphone jack.

kanewolf

Judicious
Have you checked the Windows device manager to see if you have any devices that need drivers? If that laptop came with Linux and you installed Windows, you could be missing the audio drivers for the hardware you already have. Otherwise, I think for your laptop you will have to buy something like this -- https://www.amazon.in/External-Sound-3-5mm-Headphone-Adapter/dp/B07FN6SRVL

Reactions: ommati211
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.