Vizio XVT3D474SV "No Signal" from PC

Boundsoul

Honorable
Feb 15, 2012
Ok, I just built a pc over the weekend and I'm wanting to use my tv as a monitor for now til i have room for a computer desk. It works once in a while, but with installing drivers and such i've had to reboot/shutdown a few times.

1. I get no signal at all ever running just HDMI.

2. It works with a dvi-to-hdmi adapter, but 80% of the time I turn it on it says no signal, then sometimes it works. Everything is set up fine on the comp, resolution is set to 1080p 60hz refresh. I'm pretty sure its a problem with the tv, but I can't figure it out. It will also tell me no signal if I change the video input then go back, even though it had previously been fine.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Remove hybernation or sleep mode on your computer, and turn auto sync off on your tv, your tv's auto syncing on hdmi - signals when it turns the tv on or off. Better connection is to use vga or dvi if your tv has them.

Boundsoul

Honorable
Feb 15, 2012
I can't find an auto sync feature on the tv and sleep mode is off on the pc. tv doesn't have dvi input, and no signal from vga either. It seems to only work when it wants to.

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
If you had connected the VGA cable from your computer to your TV and not get a signal then turn your pc off and unplug the power cord for a minute. Put the power cord back on and turn the pc on. You should at least get the boot screen if not the start screen. If you still don't get a signal then there is something wrong with the connection, the tv or the cord.

Boundsoul

Honorable
Feb 15, 2012
Ok, so I've decided its an issue with the pc itself and not the tv or cables. This past weekend, I went an bought a new keyboard and mouse, both with backlighting. Now I noticed all the times I would turn on the pc and get "no signal", the keyboard and mouse were apparently getting no power either as their lights never flickered or turned on. Today it took roughly 12 tries to finally get it to boot right. And again, once it boots its fine. I can change input, restart pc, turn tv off all I want and signal remains fine. But once I officially shut it down, it takes multiple tries to get it to boot back up.

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Sorry, been working a lot, not getting enough time for family too... anyway. Try cleaning the registry then re-install your video driver. If problem persist then it might be other hardware like video card/chip or the motherboard itself. Few days ago just finish fixing two computers with almost similar problem like yours, problem is the Acer motherboard.

In your case, check your drivers first and make sure your registry cleaned.

TRENDING THREADS