What is this cable? RCA Converter? For PS3/Headphones.

Janny1993UK

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013
Quick drawing sketch sucks... does anyone know what this cable is? It is for my PS3. Basically It's 1 white and red cable with some 3.5mm audio female phono?and 3.5mm jacks but has another cable with comes off them to turn into a single 3.5mm female audio for my headphones.

My RCA Male cable plugs into the (white and red) which plugs into my tv and my headphone jack goes into the audio female(headphone). There is a video of someone setting it up but I can't figure out what it is called

Sorry for bad explanation but any help will be appreciated! Thanks.

of6d02.jpg

herrwizo

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
This is analog RCA splitter cable.

It is used to connect headphones to a PS3 simultaneously with your TV or sound system.

It is made in in a "piggyback" style; the red and white audio connectors have a plug (male) on one side and a jack (female) on the other (also called pass-through). So, you can basically use 3.5 mm female jack for headphones, and backs or red and white to connect RCA jacks from TV or your sound system.

Janny1993UK

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013

Do you have any links to the cable splitter? Thanks.

Janny1993UK

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013

Yes I'm needing that exact one but I can't seem to find anywhere to buy it.

herrwizo

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
You can probably purchase just the connectors and some wire relatively easily in a local electronic components store, and then ask a friend with soldering skills to make the cable out of them.