GlenicoNico

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
I wanna buy a camera, a DSLR to be specific. But I don't know where to buy it from. On Amazon it seems like they have good deals. On Ebay however, they have GREAT deals. But as we all know Ebay is quite "sketchy".

I wanna buy the Nikon D3300, on Amazon the price is $446.95 new, but on Ebay the price is $374.46 new. I can get the same one for the same price or lower in Amazon, but it's the "international version" and has no warranty, or a refurbished item.

What's "International Version" supposed to mean?
From 1 - 10 how good the condition of the camera be if it's refurbished?

Any answer will be appreciated. :)

Solution
International version is generally the same but the battery charger may not be 110v, and of course it has no warranty. Very occasionally they have slightly different features but thats rare.

I used to work for Canon and bought refurbished all the time there. Refurbished generally is as good as new, and not only that if a box was damaged and it needed to be repacked, it was sold as refurbished, so you could get lucky and get that. I bought a Rebel T1i when it came out as refurbished, and it was literally brand new.

If you have a good feedback eBay seller, and you are willing to forego the warranty, its not a bad idea. However Nikon may sell refurbished themselves, if you can get that it may be a little more, but probably has a...

Rogue Leader

Distinguished
International version is generally the same but the battery charger may not be 110v, and of course it has no warranty. Very occasionally they have slightly different features but thats rare.

I used to work for Canon and bought refurbished all the time there. Refurbished generally is as good as new, and not only that if a box was damaged and it needed to be repacked, it was sold as refurbished, so you could get lucky and get that. I bought a Rebel T1i when it came out as refurbished, and it was literally brand new.

If you have a good feedback eBay seller, and you are willing to forego the warranty, its not a bad idea. However Nikon may sell refurbished themselves, if you can get that it may be a little more, but probably has a short warranty on it. Canon sells these direct as well with a short warranty.

Solution