Status
Not open for further replies.

Christianjason

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013
First of all I don't know is this the right section to talk so if its wrong please excuse me.:hum:

So the question is,I'd like to be a Web Developer & I like the game development as well.Lets say its just a side quest.So as a beginner which programming language should I learn first?■

Python?
Java Script?
Java?
C++?
C#?
PHP or SQL?

I need you help guys.Thank you.:star:

For web development: Python / PHP, Javascript will be best choices
For desktop development: C#, or C++
Depending on what you do, any of these might require access to a SQL database, so basic knowledge of SQL language (MySQL is good starting point) will do no harm.

naqeeb123

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
Have you learn HTML if Yes then try CSS3 and then go for PHP or SQL. it is a good startup for newbies. here i would like to suggest you basic learning place that w3school.com it is sound interested site to get start with basic concepts.

Pinhedd

Distinguished

I'm a bit late to this party, but I'll chime in.

You should start out with some form of BASIC. I advise strongly against using Microsoft's Visual Basic because it ties into the .NET framework which means that it's incredibly broad and therefore very inappropriate as a learning tool.

Play with BASIC for a bit but don't get married to it. Move on to C (not C++) once you feel ready for a challenge. Get comfortable with C, learn the ins-and-outs, then pick up C++, C#, and Java. You should be able to pick up the grammatical, technical, and implementation differences between the 4 major C-style languages quite easily.

turkey3_scratch

Estimable
Herald
Jul 15, 2014
I still believe in learning logic before syntax. :) Too many coders I know have nearly photographic memories and understand the insides and outs of the language but when it comes to writing code it is too long, sloppy, and with logic it could be shorter and more efficient.

rgd1101

Don't

Yup. IDE can help with syntax, the logic on how to make something work can translate to different language.

turkey3_scratch

Estimable
Herald
Jul 15, 2014

Even English :)

Status
Not open for further replies.