Which ultrabook to choose - two ZenBooks

KlemenDEV

Estimable
Jan 20, 2016
Hi there!

I am buying a new laptop that will be mostly used for the programming and work at school. At home I have my primary workstation and server. I intend to remote desktop to it quite often and work on it. I will be using some CAD software, Eclipse, VisualStuido, Remote Desktop Connection and Chrome ...

So I have two options (laptops):

• ASUS ZenBook UX303LA
    ASUS Zeenbook UX305FA

UX303 has i5 processor and 8GB of ram, has backlit keyboard, 1366 X 768 resolution and is thicker as UX305.

UX305 has Core M processor and 4GB of ram, doesn't have backlit keyboard, Full HD screen and is thinner than UX303 and is newer.

Other features are not so important to me or are the same.

I plan to carry this laptop around a lot and only use when not at home. Both of them have almost the same price at the store in which I am looking for them.

I can't decide between these two laptops and any tip or advice on which one to take and why would be welcome as I can't decide myself.

PS: I like the look of the new model more as the older one :) but again, the specs are not as good.

Solution

SamoanSavage824

Estimable
Apr 3, 2014

Hey Klemen,
this decision really comes down to what you plan to use the laptop for, and what type of user you are. If I were to choose between the two, my choice would have to be the UX303. The i5 seems to be better (although I'm not sure because I can't seem to find the model you are describing with a 1366X768 display) which I would prefer for Adobe program use, 8GB of RAM is ESSENTIAL for me, especially with my 20-tab browsing habits and my use of multiple programs at once as well as the Adobe suite. I find myself longing for a backlit keyboard whenever I am on a device without one. Although 1080p is definitely preferable, I feel that I would be willing to sacrifice it for my own needs, especially the 4GB of RAM. Besides, at the screen size, the resolution wouldn't be as bad as it would on something like a 15.6" laptop. Feel free to give me some more of your background or needs and wants as a user, I'm happy to help in anyway I can :)

Solution