Windows Media Player editing album information issue

G

Hi, the problem I have is pretty simple - I bought a CD which contains 25 tracks, WMP only finds albums with either 23 or 24 tracks in a wrong order. While the latter isn't an issue - easily solved by editing album information - I have no idea how to put more tracks. It seems you can only edit names of songs and change number assigned to a name, but you can't add more tracks, it's locked on the 23 or 24 songs.

Either it's something simple I'm missing, or there just can't be done anything about that.
The reason I'm asking is because my MP3 Player puts all unknown tracks into one "unknown album" folder and then I have dozens of random songs from different albums thrown into one place.

G

Any tracks beyond 23/24. There are no bonus tracks there.

Yes, there is a pattern - mostly happens with reissues and lesser-known albums.

G

The problem is I can't fill the info in the last tracks. I can change everything in the previous 23/24 tracks, but not in the 25th.

Thanks. The image is very helpful.

My thought is that you may have (or have) encountered a limitation in Windows Media Player.

May or may not be a version related limitation.

Unable to do any checking or research at the moment but felt it best to just pass along the thought.

Someone else may be able to answer directly.

Or you could go to Microsoft's website and poke about there. Could be some comments or explanations there.

G

That's what I've been thinking (about WMP having a limitation). I don't think it's related to WMP's version, as I have the latest one and it happened on previous versions also.

I haven't searched on Microsoft's website yet, but what I can tell you is that I didn't find anything through Google. It's probably not a common problem for people, I just buy a lot of music and it started to get annoying at one point.