Yamaha RX-V481 Net Radio - Please wait- RESOLVED

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ronczap

Honorable
Jan 15, 2017
Trying to listen to Internet Radio was working yesterday, but now it shows "Please wait" on the display. I have the latest firmware version (2.59).
Also the vTuner radio guide web page returns 404 error http://

Did Yamaha discontinue Net Radio?

Jan 3, 2019
Same here in Mexico. Apparently, and without going any further, VTuner and Yamaha Co. broke their relationship (ex-partners ritght now) but Yamaha is still "investigating the issue" as stated on its website: "Internet Radio Station Access Issues
Yamaha is investigating connectivity issues related to internet radio stations with particular network products. Please reference this page for future updates as we look to resolve the situation."

So I think we are facing a sad day in wich our receivers are going to the garbage... =(

Jan 4, 2019
Same issue in North Carolina- my internet radio on my Yamaha Rx-V479 worked yesterday. Now, today it’s is “Please Wait...”. I get Pandora on it and other internet content. Network connection is good; I went through resets of firmware. Please wait....but for how long? at least I know now that is not just me but UK, Paris, France Netherlands, Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic Middle East, Brazil. Can we blame Brexit and Trump someway?

Jan 4, 2019
Guys, keep calm and check the update page posted by ronczap from time to time.

Switching to a different radio streaming provider via firmware should not be a problem (technically) but might take some time.

This has nothing to do with Deezer etc. as this is a completely different service.

Jan 3, 2019
I wonder what is so difficult in providing ability to just custom program the URLs and play the stations without having to depend on any third party service? When Any browser can play any station as long as you provide the correct URL of the stream (even iHeart Radio), why a third party service is needed for these devices?

Jan 4, 2019
The same problem in Germany. Net Radio stopped working yesterday afternoon European time.

Have checked everything, including, router, internet connection, have resetted settings to default. It is still displayed as 'Loading...' on the front display of the unit and MusicCast gives 'Connection Error'. Favorite radio stations gone.

I have MCR-N670D. Both on 27 December 2018. Nice beginning... Bloody hell...

Jan 4, 2019

To same problem on Yamaha RX-A1050 since yesterday, message display on screen :please wait..... Poland
I cheaked on vTune website that Yamaha is not partnerships anymore. http://www.vtuner.com

Is any body who contact to Yamaxa to check with them what now?

Jan 4, 2019

Check, same for me also Netherlands. My WX010 is down but the RX-V880 is still playing

Jan 3, 2019
Hello, Got the same issue. No info on vtuner site. I bought my yamaha in online store and still can return it back, seriously considering it. Very disappointing situation.

Jan 4, 2019
Same problem in Luxembourg - both my Yamaha receivers now unable to play net radio - which was one of the main reasons I bought them!

Have Yamaha made any official announcement?

Jan 4, 2019
Same problem in Serbia. Net stations are in “loading” status. When I try to search net stations with Yamaha MusicCast app it says access error. I use TuneIn on my phone, hope it won’t be the problem to switch from vtuner

Jan 4, 2019
Same problem in Greece and I think worldwide.
I don't care if it says in the user manual that "the service may be discontinued without notice", because I didn't got the warning when I boght it. Yamaha should be able to fix this problem with an firmware update or with vtuner ASAP, otherwise there are not worth my money.

Just found this on yamaha europe
“Dear valued Customers, Thank you for your continued interest in Yamaha products. Yamaha has found that a number of network products lost its access to internet radio stations between March 14th and 15th. Yamaha is confirming the situation. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience.”
https://europe.yamaha.com/en/news_events/2018/Internet-radio-service-access-problem.html
Seems that this is not the first time .

Jan 3, 2019
No news in Italy. My RX-V777 still does not work for net radio! This av-receiver has cost me a lot of money, and now one of the main functions stop working! This is not correct towards us consumers...

Status
Not open for further replies.