Yamaha RX-V481 Net Radio - Please wait- RESOLVED

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ronczap

Honorable
Jan 15, 2017
Trying to listen to Internet Radio was working yesterday, but now it shows "Please wait" on the display. I have the latest firmware version (2.59).
Also the vTuner radio guide web page returns 404 error http://

Did Yamaha discontinue Net Radio?

Jan 3, 2019

ronczap

Honorable
Jan 15, 2017
Just online chatted with Yamaha customer support:

JohnH:Currently, Internet Radio connectivity is down on certain network products, Yamaha is aware, and investigating the problem.Unfortunately, at the moment, we have no Estimated Time for Resolution.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

rnariman

Commendable
Jan 3, 2019
I am in CIS, receiver RX-v579 "please wait" . Stupid situation.
I have an access (no"access denied") but no downloading.
Thanks to all. Now I know it is problem not on my dide. But on Yamaha that is selling extremely expensive stuff and do nothing. Alas..

Jan 3, 2019
Same in Italy. I can understand the disservices, but I can not understand why Yamaha has not warned its customers in advance. There is not even an official communication about it. I hope it's just a disservice of a few hours.

Jan 3, 2019
Hi,

Same problem in Romania, with a Yamaha WXC-50.
Yamaha will lose customers who bought their products for the advantage of a robust internet radio.
I am afraid that a switch to Tune In or other platform will not be easy, even with firmware upgrade.
At least, they should have announced us that the service ends today :(((

ronczap

Honorable
Jan 15, 2017

Yamaha might not have known about it - if there was a dispute with vTuner, vTuner might have just pulled the rug out from under them!
When I tried to call customer support, the message said they were experiencing heavy call volume.

When I tried the chat support, it said a 23 minute wait - but it was quicker than that.

Jan 3, 2019
WX-010 not do work in Austria. New musiccast 20 plays good internet radio. looks as vtuner is problem.
vtunerceo writes he switched off today. Yamaha does not know about this maybe.

ronczap

Honorable
Jan 15, 2017

Who knows if vturnerceo is really associated with vTuner at all?
He just joined this forum today...

Status
Not open for further replies.