Solved! Your computer appears to be configured correctly but the device, or resource (dns server) is not responding.

NewbieToPcBuilding

Commendable
Jan 21, 2017
Randomly at times of the day sites become unreachable, i diagnosed my Ethernet and that message pops up "Your computer appears to be configured correctly but the device, or resource (DNS server) is not responding". I've tried everything in the world, every CMD prompt from Microsoft, reinstalling drivers, resetting router, resetting DNS, changing DNS. It always says the same thing, it will randomly not load 98% of sites saying they're unreachable on ANY BROWSER. It affects discord by not loading the images, but i can text and voice call? I can go on youtube and google stuff but if i click any of the links on google they all say unreachable. I am not sure what is going on or what to do, I've looked everywhere and tried all the options listed none work. all I have to do is restart my PC but as I work from my PC it affects a lot of my work and id like to get this resolved thank you. I'm on windows 10 pro 64 bit using Ethernet. Latest update, it was doing it before the update too. Thank you.

Oh and I want to say im pretty sure its something about my PC, never any issues like this on my phone or anything else that uses internet in my house. Would love a fix, thank you.

Solution
I use cable and I tried reinstalling drivers but not a fresh windows install, its only started happening about 2 or 3 weeks ago so im just trying to see if its anything else, i have bitdefender but im not sure that matters

Check system restore points around the time the issue happened, see what was possibly installed at that time. If you can't find anything, go to a restore point before the issue started and see if that helps.

NewbieToPcBuilding

Commendable
Jan 21, 2017
Does this happen on WiFi or with a cable? If on WiFi, can you test it with a cable? Did you try a clean Windows setup and install drivers again from the computer/motherboard vendor?
I use cable and I tried reinstalling drivers but not a fresh windows install, its only started happening about 2 or 3 weeks ago so im just trying to see if its anything else, i have bitdefender but im not sure that matters

Sarscarix041

Estimable
Jul 7, 2015
I would be tempted -- very non-dogmatically -- to suggest trying a different IP address, or changing it to manual and back to automatic. [((It sounds like it could be some sort of interference.))] Similarly -- as per hang-the-9's advice -- if you are on cable, try wi-fi. Clutching at straws: can you borrow an ethernet card?

Check system restore points around the time the issue happened, see what was possibly installed at that time. If you can't find anything, go to a restore point before the issue started and see if that helps.

Solution