SHATORR

Estimable
Aug 24, 2014
Hello fellow Tommies! So I made a video called R9 280 + i5-4690K Benchmark (http://). The problem is the quality on the upload sucks for some reason.. The original file is great but the upload just won't work well. I was thus wondering what the problem is, if I've screwed something up over YouTube, if it has something to do with the refresh rate or so or if it's just normal.

While I have your attention, I'd also like to ask if you've got any comments about the video, ideas, tips and so on. If I missed some information, if it'd look better another way and so on.

Thank you for your time! /SHATORR

BadTube.gif

NBSN

Estimable
Jun 2, 2014
Yes, youtube will lower quality...however what did you use to record the video and what are your system specs? I am not going to watch the video, but will assist otherwise.

SHATORR

Estimable
Aug 24, 2014

If you'll click the video they'll be right in the beginning, >1 sec in. I gamed at around 50-60 fps, recorded with MSI Afterburner at 30 and used Vegas Pro to render at 24 Hz. How can I minimize the amount of quality loss by YouTube? Upload at a higher quality? There are videos with waaay better quality on there!

Oh and any tips on how to record? Figured I can't record at a higher fps then I play, neither should I render it 60 fps if I'm recording at 30, or is that irrelevant?

SHATORR

Estimable
Aug 24, 2014

Well, as I said, the video looks fine on my computer. It's when I upload it that the quality drops. It's .mxf if that helps.

SHATORR

Estimable
Aug 24, 2014

Alright, thanks!

So I switched the rendering format to MP4, instead of AVC, 30FPS instead of 24.. There's quite the difference:

BadTube%20AVC%20VS%20MP4.gif

Still, the difference between the YouTube video and the original is still quite big:
BadTube%20MP4.gif