Youtube videos freezes for a second

Tilita

Estimable
Feb 11, 2015
Hello everybody,
I'll try my best to explain my self.
Just some weeks ago I bought this laptop, and I haven't had any problem watching videos I download, movies I've download or even playing videogames like The Sims 4 or Don't Starve. But everytime I try to watch a YouTube video, while it is playing, the screen freezes and the audio loops loudly, just for a second or two, but it can repeats as much as possible on a video.
I tried unistalling Adobe Flash Player, nothing happened. I upgraded it, nothing happened.
I'm using Firefox right now, it happened the same with Google Chrome.

I'd be really thankful if someone could help me, this is really stressing me out.

APassingMe

Estimable
Aug 25, 2014
I haven't experienced that before but it might be worth it to turn off the "use hardware acceleration when available" option on your browsers.

Normally when something starts acting up in the browsers that I work with, if it's not the plugin or the browser itself then it's solved by turning that feature off. It might run a little differently after turning it off but I doubt you'll notice the difference and it'll probably solve your problem.

Tilita

Estimable
Feb 11, 2015

Nothing happened. It still freezes.

It says it supports Firefox 4, mine is 31.

Thanks anyway :). I'll keep looking for solutions.

APassingMe

Estimable
Aug 25, 2014
You can try connecting with an Ethernet cable and making sure that it's not related to your wireless connection in any way (remember to disable the wifi for the test run). Also consider loading your OS in safe mode to check if it's a program that's interfering, since chrome has flash built-in that should work in safe-mode. Keep us up-to-date as you progress through your troubleshooting so we can offer suggestions. we're also interested in whatever solution you find as well so don't leave us hanging!

Good luck.

Tilita

Estimable
Feb 11, 2015

Thanks! But everything else was working fine, I have a really fast internet :)

Thank you! It stopped! It also fixed my problem with the Facebook videos!
Right now I have a video playing, testing the solution and it haven't freeze in 10 minutes!

mjames757

Commendable
Feb 1, 2017
I know this has been marked as solved but this is what worked for me.

Install the Stylish addon to Firefox and choose > write a new style > blank style > paste in the css code below > name it and save it.
url: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/stylish/

@-moz-document domain("youtube.com") {

#guide-channels{
display:none !important;
}
}