60Hz v. 30Hz to 4K UHD TV - Please help

Matt_142

Commendable
Nov 12, 2016
I hope this group can help.

I have an NVIDIA GTX 1060 going through my 4K 60Hz capable AVR, the NR1607]http://us.marantz.com/us/products/pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=avreceivers&ProductId=NR1607]NR1607 by Marantz[/url]. My television, which it plugs into, is full UHD 4K -- the Panasonic TX40DX700.

When I plug the HDMI directly from the 1060 into the TV I get full 3840x2160 @ 60Hz. However, when I plug it into any HDMI (all of which are HDCP 2.2 / high speed HDMI) into the AVR and then the AVR into the TV I only get 30Hz at 4K.

Other devices yield full 60Hz. It is only the GTX 1060 that steps down to 30hz.

Having exhausted the other options, I am wondering if the card steps down to 30Hz when another device sits between it and the TV? I also get intermittent second-long blackouts when putting it through the AVR.

FAQ:
* Yes, I have all new high-sped cables capable of HDMI 2 / HDCP 2.2
* Yes, I have manually set the resolution in NVIDIA control panel to 3840x2160 60Hz (it autosteps down to 30Hz when I pipe it through the AVR). That gets me a black screen until it reverts.
* Yes, I have tried every single input on the AVR, all to no avail.
* Yes, the NR-1607 is fully HDCP 2,2 compliant

The TV people say it's the AVR. The AVR people say it's the video card. The video card people say it's the AVR.

Please help me, TomsHardware, you're my only hope.

I would try different cables and a different HDMI Input on the TV too.
It does sound like the AVR to me. Marantz is pretty good stuff but like all manufacturers there can be compatibility issue with HDMI that drive people crazy. Does the receiver have the latest firmware? That's where problems like this get solved.

Matt_142

Commendable
Nov 12, 2016
Thank you for the reply.

Yep. Have tried all tv inputs. AVR has latest firmware. All new high speed hdmi cables purchased.