Any way to boot by disabling CSM and enabling Fast Boot & Secure Boot after installing Windows on a new drive on ASUS Laptop?

FrostBite-X Mritz

Commendable
Apr 11, 2016
So I was constantly running into BSODs when I used to run my ASUS X556UF on Windows 10 on its factory-shipped 5400RPM HDD (Seagate Momentus 1TB).
I decided to do a SSD-upgrade. Chose a Samsung EVO 250GB. Till date, no BSODs :D
However; I had to install Windows and also booting now by disabling Fast & Secure Boot options from the Aptio Setup Utility (BIOS) and enabling the CSM. What I want is to be able to boot to Windows by disabling the CSM, enabling Secure and Fast Boot options; which was the case when I used to use the notebook with the factory-HDD.

I believe it's better using the fastboot & secure-boot functions since it is recommended and at "msinfo32", it says it's running on "Legacy BIOS"; which is annoying.

Any solutions for this?

evolt

Prominent
Jan 10, 2018
Hello,

You will have to Convert your Disk To GPT and then enable UEFI inside BIOS instead of CSM(Legacy mode).

You will then be able to install windows 10 under UEFI and use Fast&Secure Boot.

Regards

evolt

Prominent
Jan 10, 2018
Hello,

You will have to Convert your Disk To GPT and then enable UEFI inside BIOS instead of CSM(Legacy mode).

You will then be able to install windows 10 under UEFI and use Fast&Secure Boot.

Regards

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HPMelee Laptop Tech Support 0
Georgeop799 Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 1
mimarcincin Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 3
O Laptop Tech Support 1
X Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 7
G Laptop Tech Support 2