asus laptop with black screen starts itself when plug in the power cable

Sep 23, 2018
hi everybody,
first of all,i am sorry if my english is too broken.
i have a huge problem on my laptop.I would like to start from beginning to end of the issue.I have changed the cmos battery on asus n55s laptop but then i saw windows asks me to set the time after i plug out the power cable and start it again(i use the laptop without batter) then i thought maybe i could not place the battery properly.I opened the case of the laptop replaced the cmos battery and without screw on the case i turned on the computer to check if the battery will work but the laptop started itself immediately when i plug in the power cable with black screen.since then the computer starts itself when i plug in the cable but the screen is dark.i tried it with hdmi cable on an external screen and there was also no signal.Now i think maybe static electricity damaged it.so is there anybody can tell me anything to fix it, any suggestion?

reset the BIOS again by removing the cmos battery and press power on for about 1minute. Reseat the battery and try again. Is it the same CMOS battery than before?
be sure all other connections are still tightly in place.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 7
E Laptop Tech Support 3
K Laptop Tech Support 3
moekun Laptop Tech Support 9
C Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 4
G Laptop Tech Support 0
P Laptop Tech Support 3
J Laptop Tech Support 3
T Laptop Tech Support 5