Asus N76 Wont charge or power on

DrumSTW3

Estimable
Sep 28, 2015
I have an ASUS N76VJ laptop. The battery will not charge, but the orange charge light on the front of the laptop does light up for a while immediately after plugging it in. I have tried using just the adapter, just the battery, both at the same time, and removing both and holding the power button for 30 seconds, all to no avail. Is this a problem with the motherboard?

Hi,

First try powering on the laptop without the battery in it and see if it does boot up. If you do see light on your laptop and can hear the fan spinning there might still be some sign of life in it. Connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it because if you do the issue is just with it's display. If all these steps failed there's indeed an issue with the motherboard of your laptop.

DrumSTW3

Estimable
Sep 28, 2015
The laptop will not turn on at all. When I plug it in, the light will turn on on the front of the laptop as if to indicate that it's charging. I assume there is a failure on the charging circuit in the laptop, I just don't know if it is on the motherboard or one of the smaller boards within the laptop. I haven't been able to locate a schematic for this particular model

TRENDING THREADS