asus q502la won't start

allycatz

Commendable
Mar 22, 2016
Cannot turn on my asus notebook q502la. When it's plugged in, the battery shows as charged. When I press the power button, the power indicator lights up then blinks off. I've tried different outlets & a different plug to no avail. Nothing shows up on the screen & I had problems with the screen suddenly filled with black & white...not lines. I live in Mexico where a service center is not readily available. Any help will be appreciated. I don't have the right cable to plug into an external monitor. Thanks

Hi,

It maybe related to the display of your laptop but here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If the laptop is lighting up but there's not display you'll need to connect your laptop onto an external monitor to check if its a problem with the built in display or the GPU itself.
- If you'll get a display from the external display that means the problem is the built in display and what you can do about it is to check the ribbon cable that connects the LCD to the motherboard and lastly if that will not work replacing the entire screen is the only solution.
- But if there still no display on the external monitor then it could be the motherboard that is faulty.
- Proceed with reseatting the RAM's, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- Do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage.
- If all these will not work then the problem would be the motherboard.

TRENDING THREADS