Jul 20, 2018
HELLO I have a ASUS R541U stuck in sleep mode unresponsive to any input. There are two indicator lights. The Power light flashes. The Charger light does not come on at all.

The stock charger measures 19.5 V
No response to keypad, Space, Escape, or Power Button.
Holding the power button for over minute does nothing.
No known physical damage.
Can not be removed because the battery is buried

Any ideas to troubleshoot? PLEASE HELP ME :(

Solution
I see. So it won't turn on. Most people say won't open when stuck on a loading screen. Hence the confusion.

If the case is not turning on, here is something to try.

NOTE: Yes, I know some batteries are not so easy to get to, on some devices. However, it should be removable/replaceable. Unless it is under warranty, then you should contact the manufacturer first.

Try the following and see if it will turn on...

1. Unplug your charger cord.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
4. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
5. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your...
First you are going to have to turn it off, and then back on. Once it is on, try the following...

Try this...

1. Go into "Control Panel" and click the "Power Options".
2. Next to the plan that is currently selected click "Change Plan Settings".
3. Now click "Change Advanced Power Settings".
4. Open the "Sleep Setting" and find "Hybrid Sleep"
5. Change/set it to allow.
6. Now click "Apply" and then click "OK".
7. Finally shut down and power up the computer.

Try updating the power management drivers.

First make sure that the laptop is using the most current version of the power management software. If not, update the drivers. Follow these steps:

1. Go to "Control Panel" and then click "Device Manager".

2. Double click and open "System Devices".

3. Right-click "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System".

4. Now choose "Update Driver Software".

5. Carefully read all the instructions onscreen.

You may wish to also repeat these instructions, but right-click "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller" in Step 3. (if located on your system)

If this doesn't work, you may need to go to the laptop manufacturer’s website and search their support section and locate any new power management drivers for your laptop make and model.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not remove any ACPI entries. Doing so may disable some of your laptop’s power management features, such as the ability to put it to sleep by pressing the Power button. It is also a tad complicated to reinstall those features, so best to avoid the problem all together.

Jul 20, 2018
I guess you do not understand what I mean. My computer never opens. It does not react when I plug in the charger. the charge light is not on. only the power light is flashing

I see. So it won't turn on. Most people say won't open when stuck on a loading screen. Hence the confusion.

If the case is not turning on, here is something to try.

NOTE: Yes, I know some batteries are not so easy to get to, on some devices. However, it should be removable/replaceable. Unless it is under warranty, then you should contact the manufacturer first.

Try the following and see if it will turn on...

1. Unplug your charger cord.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
4. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
5. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop. You may also want to try charging it when the device is off, rather than on. If it works then, the cord is probably the issue.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

If you do not feel comfortable doing this yourself, then I would try a local tech.

Solution