Audio lag when using Gpu's HDMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

LockHazer

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017
Hey all,

Strange problem I've been having. I have a small stereo setup in my room that follows this:

PC (Gpu HDMI out) --> Receiver (Yamaha RX-V573) --> Monitor (HDMI to DVI cable)
+
Receiver --> Speakers (Decent speaker cable)

When doing this setup, everything works video and audio wise apart from the fact that the audio is lagging behind the video by around 50-90ms. Tested with this video and slo-mo on iPhone (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucZl6vQ_8Uo)

Obviously this isn't ideal but what makes it stranger is that if I make this connection:

PC (Motherboard 3.5mm out to RCA cable) --> Receiver --> Monitor
+
Receiver --> Speakers

and use that RCA source for audio instead of the HDMI audio I get no audio lag.

Simply put, using audio from Gpu HDMI out gives lag and so I want to eradicate this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Maybe useful information:
CPU: G4560
GPU: GTX 1060 3gb
Motherboard: Asus H110m-E
Receiver: Yamaha RX-V573
Speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 8.3

LockHazer

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017

It does have a lip-sync adjustment feature but that can only delay the audio further, can't speed it up.

atomicWAR

Distinguished
Herald
Sep 4, 2007
Sounds like the feature I was asking you to look for (seen a few names for it). Some receivers have it on or tune it for you...mistakes happen and things like this pop up. However it sounds like you checked yours already. Was worth exploration though. You default your receiver yet and try re-tuning it?

LockHazer

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017

Yeah have made sure that it was turned off. Reset the receiver couple of times and updated firmware but didn't solve it. Also made sure the I don't have any tonal corrections, EQs or DSP modes active

LockHazer

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017

Does seem like it, I don't have an optical source to test if it is hdmi or all of digital decoding that introduces the delay. Would this mean that there is no way to ever minimize it?

If so, would it be inherent to all digital receivers, Yamaha receivers or just this model alone?

Status
Not open for further replies.