Supahawk01

Estimable
Jan 1, 2015
As the title says, I need to burn a small video (18 Minutes/175MBs) to some 700MB CDs, and I need it to play on a DVD player. I have tried a guide online but I ended up being told by the program that it didn't fit on the CD because it became a 1.2GB file... How does175MB turn into 1.2GBs? I thought it was supposed to be the other way around, in the sense of compression that is. Any help is greatly needed, as I need these CDs made my Thursday (4/7/16).

Solution
Normal DVD (4.5gb) will fit about two hours of video, or 120 minutes. Your video, therefore would need 18:120x4.5=.0675gb, just shy of 700mb CD.

Use whatever DVD authoring software you like to export your project to VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders, then burn these onto your CD, and see whether they are playable on your DVD player.

Supahawk01

Estimable
Jan 1, 2015

I am using Mem-rex CD-R discs, will these not work? Because I really need them to.

Supahawk01

Estimable
Jan 1, 2015

Thanks for the tip, but I still don't understand how to fix my problem, 125MB video will fit on a 700MB CD right?

tman1

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
VCDs and SuperVCDs were awesome, until DVD burners took over. I had two Daewoo DVD players that would play them.

As for your last question, there's no easy answer for that. At least not one that I can provide. It should, but I never tried to understand the relationship between 80minutes and 700MB. I've managed to get an 800+MB video on a 700MB CDR as a VCD because Nero showed the file was under 80 minutes.

Hopefully someone can explain that part better.

Eximo

Distinguished
Herald
Minutes is a direct conversion of CD Quality (44Khz) sound against the total data storage of a disc. If you increase the sound quality, that takes more data, so you have less minutes. Conversely if you reduce it, you can put a lot more music on a CD.

You can put as little information as you like on a CD, you do not need to make the data match the size of the disc...

Normal DVD (4.5gb) will fit about two hours of video, or 120 minutes. Your video, therefore would need 18:120x4.5=.0675gb, just shy of 700mb CD.

Use whatever DVD authoring software you like to export your project to VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders, then burn these onto your CD, and see whether they are playable on your DVD player.

Solution