Camera best for Dance Music Video

jaini08

Commendable
May 23, 2016
Hi there I'm doing a dance music video.

Person I'm hiring suggested Canon c300 and a week ago said Sony a7s is better.

I know nothing about cameras or music videos .. I've search online and haven't found anything obvious to choose Canon c300 which is almost 2-3 times the price.

If anyone could help please.

Thank you!

Solution
This is the wrong forum for this sort of question. It is a computer site that also has a camera forum rather than a dedicated camera forum. And then you would get the best answers from video-specific forums not photography forums with a video sub-forum.

I am passingly familiar with both cameras, but not an expert in either and for my video work (mostly events, including concerts but also some sporting events) I chose to go different way.

The a7s is much better at low noise, low light videos. That is it's niche. The c300 has a much better infrastructure. (more lens choices which are native mount). The camera body is going to be a small part of the price if you are going for a high end look. Lighting is typically the biggest...

jaini08

Commendable
May 23, 2016

Awwww thank you for your reply ... Have you tried Canon c300 or theSony a7s

bjornl

Estimable
This is the wrong forum for this sort of question. It is a computer site that also has a camera forum rather than a dedicated camera forum. And then you would get the best answers from video-specific forums not photography forums with a video sub-forum.

I am passingly familiar with both cameras, but not an expert in either and for my video work (mostly events, including concerts but also some sporting events) I chose to go different way.

The a7s is much better at low noise, low light videos. That is it's niche. The c300 has a much better infrastructure. (more lens choices which are native mount). The camera body is going to be a small part of the price if you are going for a high end look. Lighting is typically the biggest, then there is audio, support (tripods, etc), boom's, and of course a suitable PC and software to post-process the shoot.

Finally there is considerable skill involved in using these things correctly. Exposure, depth of field, even the basics of how to smoothly use a manual follow-focus. Have you thought through what it will take to acquire the minimum level of skill? Are you budgeting in the time to do so?

Solution

Altea kai

Commendable
May 18, 2016
I Love photography, I have CANON EOS 750D DSLR Camera. Based on my own experience I recommend you to buy CANON EOS 750D DSLR Camera For Dance and music video. Hope this will helps you :)

Cheers