Camera wont show photos from SD card, but computer will.. help please?????

Jan 2, 2019
I have a GE X500 16.0 mega pixel camera. I finally decided to put the SD from it into my computer, I renamed the folder and then put the SD card back into my camera. But when I turned on the camera it took me to Set Date, so I set the date and went to look at the photos and it said No Pictures. So I quickly took the SD card out and put it back into my computer and the pictures showed up. What do I do to make me be able to see my photos on my camera again? >please help<

Solution
Windows doesn't care about the folder name being changed, it just displays images wherever they are.

But most digital cameras create a parent folder on the memory card named DCIM or similar, so if there's no such folder with that name it can't find the images.

Take a picture with your camera, then use your PC to see the name of the default parent folder it has just created if you can't remember what it was before you changed it.

So don't change that folder name in future if you want your camera to be able to find the pics!
Windows doesn't care about the folder name being changed, it just displays images wherever they are.

But most digital cameras create a parent folder on the memory card named DCIM or similar, so if there's no such folder with that name it can't find the images.

Take a picture with your camera, then use your PC to see the name of the default parent folder it has just created if you can't remember what it was before you changed it.

So don't change that folder name in future if you want your camera to be able to find the pics!

Solution