theycallmemini

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
I have an old X540 Logitech system and just got a PS4. I am by no means an audiophile but after using these for so long to play games and watch movies it just isnt the same using TV speakers for my PS4.

I have an ASUS Z270E that comes with a decent on board sound card along with a PS4, Samsung smart tv, and finally the X540's.

Would I be able to have a switch that connects the tv (which the PS4 is connected to) and connects my computer as inputs through optical then outputs through 3 3.5mm (X540)?

I really don't want to have to buy a new system because mine lacks the damn connections but playing the PS4 on tv speakers is really underwhelming.

TLDR: Need to connect my computer and tv to my X540s. Two optical inputs to an output of 3x3.5mm.

theycallmemini

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
My problem is I can't find an analog converter that goes from 3 3.5mm to an optical. I guess thats because that is going from analog to digital? Yeah I'm going to have to get a switch or input selector like you said. So either my computer is playing the sound or my tv is.

So far I have this which I like
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074W8DG3P/

But nothing to to turn the 3 3.5mm from the speakers into an optical to use as the main output.