Cannot use dedicated 7670m GPU on Pavilion 2033TX notebook.

Crashandburn999

Estimable
Nov 10, 2014
Hello, i've been trying to get a laptop to use its dedicated GPU, but it's always using its integrated intel HD 3000 instead, no matter what I do. I've searched online, and all suggestions offered to other people, just don't work.

Here's what I have tried so far;
Right clicked desktop, switchable graphics, set programs to high performance.

Gone into power options, set to high performance in both the windows power options & the amd catalyst power options.

Disabled intel HD 3000 in device manager. Laptop still refuses to use the HD 7670m. In fact, if I disable the intel gpu, the amd gpu gets a yellow exclamation mark, and stops working.

For each time installing new drivers, I uninstalled device and deleted drivers from device manager, and uninstalled amd catalyst.

Downloaded the drivers from the AMD website, even selecting the the HD 7xxxm for notebook pc's. This does not work at all.

Downloaded the drivers from HP's website specifically for this notebook model. Laptop doesn't use dedicated GPU no matter what.

I've tried installing leshcat labs drivers. Laptop still won't use dedicated gpu.

I've checked bios settings, and there's absolutely no options whatsoever for the GPU.

Downloaded and installed all windows updates.

I've probably tried more, but I can't remember. I can't think of how to make the laptop use the dedicated gpu, nothing works. And considering how common of a problem this is, I can't understand WHY any manufacturer would ever allow the integrated to be enabled in the first place. It causes nothing but problems.

I've had the power plugged in for most of the time, and i've already tried that specifically. As for right clicking the program's exe, there's no option to choose the gpu.

Solution
plug you Laptop in the power and use it the games will automatically use your didcated GPU

or right click on the .exe and choose your high perf(ati) card

uthvag

Estimable
Oct 5, 2014
plug you Laptop in the power and use it the games will automatically use your didcated GPU

or right click on the .exe and choose your high perf(ati) card

Solution

Crashandburn999

Estimable
Nov 10, 2014
Never mind guys, the problem was never a problem to begin with. It always shows it using the HD 3000, but according to the passmark software, it performs significantly higher than what a HD 3000 would perform at, and its results are pretty damn close to the average HD 7670m results.

osama saleem30

Estimable
May 14, 2015
I am also having the same problem but with only a few games like Ride 15 and Tomb Raider 13 . I can`t select my dedicated gpu 7670m 1GB GDDR5 .When I start Ride it only shows Intel hd 4000 in device description. Please someone help.