Chrome Freezing on Windows 7 making everything freeze/lag or slow down

noyaus

Commendable
Jul 15, 2016
Hi Guys
When I open chrome now it has a moment were it now freezes out of nowhere. Like when I type it freezes. It works well on IE11. I am not sure what is going on. It happened to Task Manager as well.
i just uninstalled AVG and replaced with Trend as my Antivirus expired. Now it is being a bit slower, but works at a normal pace. Even the startup time is much quicker than before. It also lags sometimes. Once I closed chrome if i wanted to click file manager it was stuck showing the circle windows thingy. Then "Control +alt + Delete" did nothing and it froze with the ball again forcing me to press the button to restart the computer.

I don't know if it is virus or not because Trend Micro says no virus detected and everything is good.

Solution
Could be something trying to update in the background.

Use Task Manager, Performance Monitor, and Resource Monitor to see what is running and consuming a large amount of CPU, Disk, Memory, or Network.

Watch first for awhile, then open Chrome, and watch again.

Might be that Chrome just needs to be reinstalled - might be some bug or corruption issue.
Could be something trying to update in the background.

Use Task Manager, Performance Monitor, and Resource Monitor to see what is running and consuming a large amount of CPU, Disk, Memory, or Network.

Watch first for awhile, then open Chrome, and watch again.

Might be that Chrome just needs to be reinstalled - might be some bug or corruption issue.

Solution