gijsdj98

Estimable
Dec 28, 2015
I just got a HyperX Cloud with a combo jack (http://imgur.com/T1w9YdZ) but when connecting it to my laptop (Acer Aspire V5-573G-54208G50aii), the mic doesn't show up on the sound tab in Windows while the headset sound is working. The mic works perfectly fine on my dad's pc though.
My laptop should support combo jacks.
Do I have a wrong combo jack or something?

Solution
I just switched from HyperX to Logitech today but I did use the jack on my computers.

When you plug your jack into the computer make sure the Cloud's wires are firmly connected in it.

On the right bottom area right click your speaker and click Playback Devices
Next make sure the Laptop's speakers aren't set as the default.
Once you are pretty sure the default is the headset test it.

Also, if this doesn't work, try just plugging in your green wire into the computers jack to see if the combo jack is either defective or broken.

I hope this helps and if it doesn't make sure to reply/quote me so I can see that it didn't or it did!

itsSacred

Estimable
Dec 28, 2015
I just switched from HyperX to Logitech today but I did use the jack on my computers.

When you plug your jack into the computer make sure the Cloud's wires are firmly connected in it.

On the right bottom area right click your speaker and click Playback Devices
Next make sure the Laptop's speakers aren't set as the default.
Once you are pretty sure the default is the headset test it.

Also, if this doesn't work, try just plugging in your green wire into the computers jack to see if the combo jack is either defective or broken.

I hope this helps and if it doesn't make sure to reply/quote me so I can see that it didn't or it did!

Solution