Compaq CQ61 No Power after Dropping, Please Help

pne1234

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
hi, i have a Compaq CQ61 and i dropped it from the side of my bed and now it wont turn on at all. when i plug the AC adapter in the light by the side of the DC jack turns on but the LED lights with the power, HDD activity does not turn on at all, theres seems to be no response except from the light by the DC jack. i have tried all the power and battery tricks like power on without the battery and do a hard reset but to no avail. i have taken apart the whole laptop and checked for any loose connections but they are all tightly in. does anyone have any suggestions. thanks.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tronichub Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 3
N Laptop Tech Support 4
I Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
Q Laptop Tech Support 4
S Laptop Tech Support 8
A Laptop Tech Support 2
Kyle_77 Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
Y Laptop Tech Support 1
Anna Marchetti Laptop Tech Support 2
E Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Solved! Laptop turns off automatically on first few attempts of power on
i have a 14.4v battery in my hp compaq laptop, what is the correct power adapter to use. please i need to know
Solved! my laptop is Compaq hp 420. when I pressured power btton ,light on power button on for a second then off and laptop is not on.
Solved! I have a compaq presario cq57 and the screen want turn on. The power button Comes on and the WiFi light is orange but the scre
Compaq v5000 powers on but only repeatedly attempts to spin cd rom.
Solved! Compaq Presario Laptop Power Issues.
Old laptop opens the cd tray when powering it on.
I have a laptop compaq and it has been off charge for 4 months and I am now got it on charge and there is still no power what
I have a Compaq Presario cq62 that the power light LED is on the Caps light is blinking and the wifi signal light is on and it
Compaq Presario CQ61 power issue
Compaq persario power won't completely turn on
I have a black screen after I power on my cq56 Compaq laptop. How do I get the screen to turn on?
When I turn on my compaq laptop the screen isnt working but the power light is on. please help me
Looking for help
Hp laptop cannot turn on
Locked out my HP Compaq 6710b (Forgot power on password)
I have no power supply to run my computer
My laptop is Hp compaq 6910p , when i slightly touch the screen or move laptop it's gonna hang , and ram is also overheating.
Compaq Presario C500, Won't POST, Blinking Power Light
Compaq Presario CQ61 Notebook

ASK THE COMMUNITY