Composite v. Component Cables


Dec 31, 2007
Hi there...

I want to use my 160GB iPod Classic with my TV. nothing fancy, just want to be able to play videos.

I was looking at and it looks like I need one of these:

Composite AV Cable


Component AV Cable

Can someone tell which one I would need to get to plug my 160GB iPod Classic into my regular TV Video and Audio outputs (on the TV itself, not a receiver).

Thanks for the help!
It depends on what inputs your TV has. The composite video input is a single yellow RCA jack with 2 RCA audio jacks (usually red and white). A component video input uses the same RCA jacks but there are 3 of them colored Red/Green/Blue plus 2 RCA audio jacks. The component input is the better of the two.