ConvertX2DVD and other video converting software.

Apr 23, 2018
I have recently got a new (as in new to me) system which is abut 5 - 7 years newer that my older machine.
My 'New' Machine is an ASUS ET2012AUTB - E1800, running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, 6gb Ram, Processor AMD E2-1800 APU with RADEON HD Graphics (2 CPU's), - 1.7GHz.
My Older machine was a Sony VAIO VGC - JS1E running on Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit, MPN PCG-2F1M, Intel Core 2 Duo, 3gb RAM, 2.53GHz, Intergrated/On Board Graphics.

Everything else about my ASUS is absolutely great, just this video processing speed, or lack of, is driving me crazy. On the older Sony Machine I could convert an average legnth film in about 20 minutes, on my newer, more pwerful ASUS machine its taking on average 90 minutes??? Could the DirectX software have anything to do with this at all?

Can someone PLEASE help me, or point me in the right direction of someone, or where my thread should be if i've got it in the wrong place?

USAFRet

Illustrious
For any "new to you" (AKA used) system, you very first move needs to be a full wipe and reinstall of the OS and everything else.
There might be all sorts of stuff running in the background, sucking up resources.
And other stuff, even worse.

Apr 23, 2018
Yeah I did all that mate, I put Windows 7 Ultimate on it, i can't stand Windows 10 and when i did one try it it made no difference to the video processing time.