"Digital Audio Out" only. Need compatible Headphone "fix"?

nwgamelover

Honorable
May 25, 2014
I have a Sanyo 32 in Flatscreen but no headphone jack. I will attach a photo of the back showing that I have a "digital audio out" coaxial input (I think that is what it is called).

Can someone help me find the "parts" I need to purchase in order to hook up headphones? I don't mind if they are wireless or not, and I am not able to spend a lot. I do need the "over the ear" type, nothing that has to go inside my ears.

I think this article is informative but confusing for me. Help with understanding the steps in order to get headphones hooked up would be greatly appreciated. I'm only a little, technically inclined;)

PS I don't see where to attach the photo, but I do know for sure, all I have is a Digital Audio Out, "innie" on TV

nwgamelover

Honorable
May 25, 2014

Hi Matt, dang I feel just like your avatar, LOL! I am sorry I didn't get a notify on this, maybe my setting aren't right, I'll check.

Here's the TV Info, hope it helps;) I think I can put the photo up on here now too:

Sanyo Model DP32242

that does say "Digital Audio Out". Sorry bout the blur.

nwgamelover

Honorable
May 25, 2014

Ok, you may be right, but I'm not understanding all of the above. What I believe I need, a Digital to Analog audio converter, and some sort of cable to run from that to the headphones. What I don't understand about that is once that is connected to my audio out, and converted, then there must be a place on that converter to plug in the headphones??

I have priced the wireless and they are way too expensive for me.

nwgamelover

Honorable
May 25, 2014

Hi Matt, thanks so much, I did get the alert this a.m. in my email;)

Ok on the first link, got it!! On the second, I think I have the cable, but will show you a link to it to be sure it's similar or will work the same as your link/cable suggestion;) So appreciate your help. The price is good on that converter setup, so I think I can do this, yeehaw. Here's the pic of the cable I have, same connector on both ends but just shows one end in pic:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FMZX4DS/ref=asc_df_B00FMZX4DS5244094/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=395033&creativeASIN=B00FMZX4DS&linkCode=df0&hvadid=216534554317&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7605650074259790772&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9032382&hvtargid=pla-350462050065

nwgamelover

Honorable
May 25, 2014

Thanks again Matt, really read so much, but understood so little about the actual parts. You did me such a favor keeping it simple;) Have a great day, Denise

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Streaming Video & TVs 0
C Streaming Video & TVs 5
sitansudas Streaming Video & TVs 2
F Streaming Video & TVs 3
S Streaming Video & TVs 7
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1