"Digital Audio Out" only. Need compatible Headphone "fix"?

nwgamelover

Honorable
May 25, 2014
I have a Sanyo 32 in Flatscreen but no headphone jack. I will attach a photo of the back showing that I have a "digital audio out" coaxial input (I think that is what it is called).

Can someone help me find the "parts" I need to purchase in order to hook up headphones? I don't mind if they are wireless or not, and I am not able to spend a lot. I do need the "over the ear" type, nothing that has to go inside my ears.

I think this article is informative but confusing for me. Help with understanding the steps in order to get headphones hooked up would be greatly appreciated. I'm only a little, technically inclined;)

PS I don't see where to attach the photo, but I do know for sure, all I have is a Digital Audio Out, "innie" on TV

nwgamelover

Honorable
May 25, 2014

Hi Matt, dang I feel just like your avatar, LOL! I am sorry I didn't get a notify on this, maybe my setting aren't right, I'll check.

Here's the TV Info, hope it helps;) I think I can put the photo up on here now too:

Sanyo Model DP32242

that does say "Digital Audio Out". Sorry bout the blur.

help%202.jpg

nwgamelover

Honorable
May 25, 2014

Ok, you may be right, but I'm not understanding all of the above. What I believe I need, a Digital to Analog audio converter, and some sort of cable to run from that to the headphones. What I don't understand about that is once that is connected to my audio out, and converted, then there must be a place on that converter to plug in the headphones??

I have priced the wireless and they are way too expensive for me.

nwgamelover

Honorable
May 25, 2014

Hi Matt, thanks so much, I did get the alert this a.m. in my email;)

Ok on the first link, got it!! On the second, I think I have the cable, but will show you a link to it to be sure it's similar or will work the same as your link/cable suggestion;) So appreciate your help. The price is good on that converter setup, so I think I can do this, yeehaw. Here's the pic of the cable I have, same connector on both ends but just shows one end in pic:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FMZX4DS/ref=asc_df_B00FMZX4DS5244094/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=395033&creativeASIN=B00FMZX4DS&linkCode=df0&hvadid=216534554317&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7605650074259790772&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9032382&hvtargid=pla-350462050065

nwgamelover

Honorable
May 25, 2014

Thanks again Matt, really read so much, but understood so little about the actual parts. You did me such a favor keeping it simple;) Have a great day, Denise