Dolby Home theater with windows 10

Kinnyr90

Honorable
Aug 24, 2012
Hi,

I have windows 10 I have a gigabyte z77xud5h motherboard and I'm using the realtek onboard audio. I was wondering if my motherboard supports dolby home theater and if there is a trick to unlocking it so that I can use it?

Thanks

Kinnyr90

Solution
I'd be wary of Dolby anything on Windows 10. I had Dolby v2 advanced sound on my computer, until I upgraded to 10. It quit working. I looked online for a solution, and found many people complaining about compatibility issues, both with v2 and v4 Dolby products. Everyone said the same thing as me. They upgraded and poof, dolby sound was inoperable. Windows had no input on the matter.

Johnnyderp

Estimable
Apr 21, 2014
I'd be wary of Dolby anything on Windows 10. I had Dolby v2 advanced sound on my computer, until I upgraded to 10. It quit working. I looked online for a solution, and found many people complaining about compatibility issues, both with v2 and v4 Dolby products. Everyone said the same thing as me. They upgraded and poof, dolby sound was inoperable. Windows had no input on the matter.

Solution

Allan Walsh

Estimable
Dec 1, 2014
Most sound drivers for Windows 8.1 should install and work for Windows 10. It's what I did to get my Dolby settings working again on my Asus Xonar Phoebus soundcard when I upgraded from Windows 7. Try the 8.1 drivers on Gigabyte's website and see if that works for you.