F-Stream Tuning Utilitys broken after upgrade to Windows 10

Ulman2033

Estimable
Sep 8, 2015
Hey guys. Im new to the Forum, so please excuse me if i post it in the wrong Forum :)

So last week i upgraded my PC from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and everything just went fine. Except for the ASrock F-Stream Tuning Utility Software. 2 Days after the Win10 Upgrade the program didn't start anymore and it shows the error message "Error 0xFFFC This utility is not for this platform!"
Like i said, till this moment it worked over years, even these few days with Win10.
I searched the last days for a solution, but nothing works. On Google i found a solution in this Forum for a guy who got this problem with the Xtreme Tuning Utility http:// but that didnt helped me either.
I tried it with a complete uninstall and removed it from the autostart and the registry, i tried several Versions of the Software too, but i get the error message over and over again.

So i hope you guys maybe have an solution for this.

Installed Hard- & Software:
Mainboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional-M (with latest BIOS Version 2.00)
CPU: Intel Core I5-3570K
GPU: Zotac GTX 970
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz

Thanks for any helps
Ulman

ASRock_Support-2

Estimable
Mar 6, 2015
Hi,
I'm Davis from ASRock HQ TSD.

We recommend to refer below steps for try.

1.Please re-install F-stream once again on windows 10 x64.
By default F-stream installer put files in: c:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\F-Stream\

Now please make new install path and put F-stream in windows 10 x64 program files folder:
c:\Program Files\ASRock Utility\F-stream\

Thanks a lot !!
ASRock TSD

Ulman2033

Estimable
Sep 8, 2015
First of, thanks for your help guys.

@N3rdR4ge
I've tried that method with changing the power plan but it didtnt helped. Tried it with "balanced" and other ones but nothing worket. And yeah i've rebooted the PC after every change :)

I've mentioned the second method in my first post already ;)
But i tried it again to reinstall it in the following path "C:\Program Files\ASRock Utility\F-stream\". But still i get the same error message. Don't know what i can try next. :??:

N3rdR4ge

Estimable
Jun 16, 2014
try
-right clicking the shortcut
-select properties
-select compatibility tab
-check run this program in compatibility mode for:
-select windows 8
-check run this program as administrator
-apply and close window

Ulman2033

Estimable
Sep 8, 2015
Hey N3rdR4ge

Ive treid your solution a few days ago, bit it didnt worked.
Meanwhile ive made a clean install of Windwos 10, cuz a few more programs didnt work as usal or the they didnt work at all.
Ive tried it again with F-Stream. Again i tried it with various Versions and install paths, but same error as before, "Error 0xFFFC This utility is not for this platform!". I give it up. For now i set the fan speeds in the BIOS till a Win10 version is released or i found a working program.

But still thanks for your help guys.
Ulman

Daniel252

Commendable
Jun 10, 2016
Hi guys
I have exactly same problem what a Ulman2033 have. Every steps are same. Few days was win10 worked normally but after 4 days ,,Error 0xFFFC,, ... next error window says, that F-stream is not for this platform.

Rabbit-777

Commendable
Jun 17, 2016
has the correct shutdown in Windows 10 (pronounced "fast start disable") are activated.
Given search on a Windows key to "Power Options" and start. in "to select what happened when you press the power button", then click "Settings that are currently unavailable." Then "Enable Quick Start" in the hook Remove and restart ...
So the utility on Windows 10 should work too ...