Saskruto

Estimable
Aug 4, 2014
I am looking into getting a Gaming laptop so when I travel I can play the games that I love. Please do not tell me to build a desktop as I already have one. I have a budget of $1750 and can't find a good laptop. Mainly because I keep seeing Alienware and how iconic it is for Laptop gaming. Everyone says they're overpriced and I can get the same thing for less.(I will miss the idea of having Christmas lights on my laptop:)) So what would be the best bang for my buck for $1750. Please keep in mind that weight and battery life are irrelevant because I just need to be able to take it on road trips. Thank you!

Solution
For Gaming.. it better to get an Alienware.. Because They can handle the intense heat that is generated while gaming better than the cheaper ones.. I have an HP that peaks upto 90c while playing and switches off automatically due to over temperatures.. Since you wanted a laptop for gaming .. I suggest you to go for a one that is exactly designed for that.

Armo1000

Estimable
Jul 25, 2014
For Gaming.. it better to get an Alienware.. Because They can handle the intense heat that is generated while gaming better than the cheaper ones.. I have an HP that peaks upto 90c while playing and switches off automatically due to over temperatures.. Since you wanted a laptop for gaming .. I suggest you to go for a one that is exactly designed for that.

Solution

Alienware's cooling is pretty much par for most DECENT laptops.
If you want the best bang for buck laptop then it would be this: http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8268-clevo-p150sma-p-6986.html?wconfigure=yes
you get an I7, 8GB of RAM, a gtx 880M (the single fastest mobile GPU at the moment) with an OS and about $120 to spare on other upgrades, like better cooling, a better HDD, maybe an SSD.

Saskruto

Estimable
Aug 4, 2014

I got an alienware 17 with these specs for $1200
ALIENWARE 17 R1 4th Generation Core i7-4700MQ 16GB 1TBGB 1080p 3GB GTX770M

Alienware 17 R1

Intel Core 4th Generation i7-4700MQ Processor
(6MB Cache | 3.40GHz Turbo Mode / 2.40GHz non turbo mode)
16GB RAM at 1600MHz
1TB SATA Hard Drive 7200RPM
17.3" FULL High Definition (1920x1080) Anti-Glare WLED Display
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770M with 3GB GDDR5
DVD RW Dual Layer Slot Load Drive
4-Zone, multi-color RGB keyboard with AlienFX lighting controls
2 Megapixel Full HD Camera with dual digital microphones
Bluetooth
802.11 ac Dual Band 2x2 AC WiFi
Laptop Includes 8 Cell Battery
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit