Google's Nexus 7 Already in Patent Hot Water?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotroderx

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
Instead of spending millions on suing everyone under the sun. Maybe they should invest it in more R&D to make a superior product that people will prefer over the competitor. I am just saying

Old_Fogie_Late_Bloomer

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2010
Man, I wondered how long that was gonna take. Apparently, not long at all.

Oh, well, Jelly Bean = no Flash support = not suited for casual web browsing, which is about all I'd use a tablet for, so no sale for me.

mrjhh

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2007
Really? More copying from the Oracle/Microsoft shill running FOSS Patents?
He reports that Apple got an injunction (which was a design patent) against the Galaxy Tab, and thinks that same design patent will be useful against the Nexus 7? Really?

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
IEEE 802.11 Wi-Fi standard? Its an INDUSTRY standard.
Didn't know that Nokia made patents?
Android OS doesn't use any MS or iOS code.
Apple should still sue over the mouse and click?

All screens are square.
Touch displays existed long before the iPad or iPhone.
Nokia should remember than Motorola mobile is owned by Google.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
PS: And this is why HATING just apple over lawsuits is kind of silly... they are ALL ugly about this. Is google suing anyone yet?

magicandy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2008
I cannot believe we are in 2012 and patent laws are still stifling progress. No one company is to blame but all the corrupt patent laws around the globe allowing this to continue. We need real change, and not baby steps!

magicandy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2008
(why can you edit tomshardware posts but not tomsguide posts?)

I wanted to add that real change would be drastically shortening patent holding time. 1 or 2 years, tops, to let the inventing company bask in their invention, and then it should be open for anyone to use and improve upon. This should be globally, not per-country. The current state of patent laws is stifling progress more than anything else.

msgun98

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
[citation][nom]belardo[/nom]IEEE 802.11 Wi-Fi standard? Its an INDUSTRY standard[/citation]

This. It would be nice if this article actually explained what Nokia owns of this and how. Does that mean Rosewill had to pay Nokia to use the IEEE 802.11 standard for my cheapo wifi desktop card??

G

How to fix the economy? Throw all patents in the garbage. Free the economy.

Those that produce get. Competition creates innovation, not patents.

zeratul600

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
people this stupid 5hit will not stop until all the smart people boycott those patent jerks like apple and MS maybe you need windows, but you dont need office or xbox... maybe you want an ipod but you dont need that silly macbook or ipad! soy boycott those bastards, even if it is a partial boycott

_Cubase_

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
With the way things are going with all the patent disputes, Google might lose market share.

And then Nokia will sue Google because "losing market share" was implemented by Nokia first!

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
[citation][nom]Andy Chow[/nom]How to fix the economy? Throw all patents in the garbage. Free the economy.Those that produce get. Competition creates innovation, not patents.[/citation]

Total BS. People would wait around until someone invents something, steal it/price cut it/etc and profit from it instead of the inventor. There would be no incentive for innovation at all.

Pawessum16

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
[citation][nom]Old_Fogie_Late_Bloomer[/nom]Man, I wondered how long that was gonna take. Apparently, not long at all.Oh, well, Jelly Bean = no Flash support = not suited for casual web browsing, which is about all I'd use a tablet for, so no sale for me.[/citation]
You do know that there will always be ways to get Adobe Flash on your Android device? Adobe is just lazy as f*** and decided they don't want to support it anymore. This is Android we're talking about here. If you want it, you got it, and if you really want flash, you can get it. I referenced this article for some of my information -->http://www.zdnet.com/blog/open-source/no-flash-for-android-4-1-jelly-bean-users/11433

Status
Not open for further replies.