have 60"samsung tv pioneer stereo bospeakers av receiver vsx822 hooking up dvd dish hopper stereo I have optical cable 4 stere

douglias92392

Estimable
Mar 12, 2015
Have 60 samsung tv pioneer stereo w bo 5.1 surround vsx822 dvd player n dish hopper. Have optical cable to stereo to tv nothing dvd works do I need to run a hdmi cable.from tvto stereo too thanks

In general you would connect the DVD and Dish Hopper to the receiver with HDMI and the receiver to the TV with HDMI. Another option would be to connect the DVD and Hopper to the TV with HDMI and the TV optical out to the receiver. You would have to assign the optical connection on the receiver to an input in the input setup menu. You could also connect the DVD and TV with HDMI and use separate audio connections from each to the receiver if they have them.

In general you would connect the DVD and Dish Hopper to the receiver with HDMI and the receiver to the TV with HDMI. Another option would be to connect the DVD and Hopper to the TV with HDMI and the TV optical out to the receiver. You would have to assign the optical connection on the receiver to an input in the input setup menu. You could also connect the DVD and TV with HDMI and use separate audio connections from each to the receiver if they have them.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
I Streaming Video & TVs 2
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 4
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
K Streaming Video & TVs 4
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 3
E Streaming Video & TVs 2
D Streaming Video & TVs 1