GuybrushT2

Estimable
Jan 1, 2016
I have an HTPC with a 980 Ti GPU hooked up to a Panasonic AX800 TV. There is a Displayport connection and an HDMI 2.0 connection. Displayport works great, but only supports 60Hz, so if I want judder-free Blu-ray playback, I need a 24Hz refresh rate on the TV. This is done through HDMI. The TV is HDCP 2.2 compliant and so is the GPU. However, Nvidia control panel states that the display is not HDCP compliant, and so I get errors trying to play Blu-rays in PowerDVD or other software. There is a setting in the TV menu for HDCP, and it is set to 2.2. Why is there a handshake issue? When booting up, the TV generally comes on before the PC awakes from sleep. Again, there is no problem with Displayport connection. Do I need a special HDMI cable? Everything has been saying that a special cable will not be needed for HDCP 2.2. Any advice or experience would be greatly appreciated.

GuybrushT2

Estimable
Jan 1, 2016

But it's a 4k TV. The whole point of HDCP 2.2 is to protect 4k content. I'm even just trying to watch 1080p content, but that doesn't make sense. Is the problem on the TV side or GPU side?

GuybrushT2

Estimable
Jan 1, 2016
Turns out the problem is that the 980ti is not hdcp 2.2 compliant, despite countless professional reviews that state it is. There go my hopes for watching 4k disc content. Unless anydvd is able to crack it. We'll see.