Help hooking up tv, cable and Panasonic DVD recorder

Mytimenowoki

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016
Please I need help so bad! I have Time warner cable, the box is Arris HD, DCX3600-M, hdmi
and need to hook it up to
my LG TV, Model no. 55LB5900-UV with hdmi,
And I need to hook those up to my Panasonic dvd recorder model no. DMR-EZ 48V also with hdmi, it records DVDs and vhs and it has a slot for a sd card and a USB port.
I'm new at this, again, I don't know what most of the cable names are, but I'll look them up!! I'm 63 and disabled, but don't let that scare you, I had it running until I got this new tv and the new cable box. I would be happy just to watch a DVD!
thanks and God bless

Solution
If all boxes have HDMI you can ignore the rest RCA blah-blah. HDMI connections are single-cable hookup and carries both video and audio information. The RCA stuff is for cases you DON'T have HDMI.

All you have to do is pay attention: It MUST be HDMI OUT ---> HDMI IN. This is the ONLY way to connect things, OUT to IN.

Mytimenowoki

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016
Yes the tv does have 2 "HDMI" plugs, #1 is plugged into the DVD recorder and #2 is plugged into the cable box.
The cable box also has a "RCA Audio / Video" cable, both ends are the same, one end is hooked into the cables audio's R and L and the yellow is plugged into the video. The other end of the cord is plugged into the DVD's common out.
By the way, the DVD player also has a "in1" plug and a "DVD priority out" plug which I could plug the RCA cable into either one?? Did I plug it into the right one?
The DVD player even had a "component video out", but that has red, blue and green plugs.
(Cable box also has those color plugs available, marked "Y" "PD" and " PT") Should those be hooked up to each other?
One last thing, someone had also hooked up a gold cord that had two plugs, a red and white one?? But they were no longer hooked up, should I and where to??
Thank you so much for helping!
It was getting to be a guess which one to plug it into. But I started reading....

If all boxes have HDMI you can ignore the rest RCA blah-blah. HDMI connections are single-cable hookup and carries both video and audio information. The RCA stuff is for cases you DON'T have HDMI.

All you have to do is pay attention: It MUST be HDMI OUT ---> HDMI IN. This is the ONLY way to connect things, OUT to IN.

Solution

Mytimenowoki

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016
Ok, the Tv is hdmi in and both the DVD's player and the cable box is hdmi out!
So that should be all I need. I'll unplug the rca cables and then the DVD player should play?? I'll give it a try!
If it doesn't work, is it time for a new player??

Mytimenowoki

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016
It worked! After you said that about the HDMI cords, I had an idea, I changed the hemi input on the tv to no. 1 and it tried to play the disc. So it looks like I will have to use HDMI 2 for normal tv viewing and HDMI 1 for watching the DVD's! And that's all I asked for, Thank you very much!
I think my player is dying, when I put a DVD in it, it froze up, but I got it out! I have two cleaners, first one went thru ok, decided to use the other one and now it's stuck!! I've unplugged it twice and it's still stuck. If I don't get it out soon, in the trash it goes and I will buy a regular DVD player!
Bless your heart, Now I know I can hook up the DVD player, and see it playing!
I'll let you know what happens and again I'm so grateful you had the patience and stuck with me!
The cable co. Forum suggested one thing and then the bailed on me, wouldn't even say they gave up!
Bless you and have a great day!